Who is it for?
Expressive writing can be adapted to suit a wide variety of groups, including:
- People with mental health difficulties
- People with chronic illness
- People with disabilities, including learning disabilities
- People recovering from addiction
- Families and carers of any of the above
- People affected by homelessness
- People affected by bereavement
- People at risk of social isolation
- Older adults
If you have any queries about the suitability of Expressive Writing for your service users, please get in touch.
How can my service users access Expressive Writing?
I will work individually with your organisation to design an Expressive Writing group to suit your premises, service-users and availability. This means that your service-users can attend the group in a safe, familiar environment, through an organisation that they trust.
How much does it cost?
A fixed block of Expressive Writing sessions (usually weekly for 8-12 weeks) costs £25 per hour – each session usually lasts 2 hours.
A long-term writing group costs £20 per hour, and is usually 1-2 hours per week.
If your organisation requires additional funding in order to support this service, I am always happy to provide information and case studies, and to assist with the required evaluation.
How do I get in touch?
The best way to contact me is by email – Louise@trueleaves.org